Friday, June 29, 2012

Tan, Rested and Ready

It's time to get back to work.

I've been gone, but now I'm back. Where I went and why is not really important, mostly because no one else would care.

I have been in the middle of one the great cyclical transitions in retail.  These transitional events happen on a regular, if not frequent, basis.  They are times of great confusion where big companies loose their way and struggle against market forces, competition and their own myopic views to survive in an economy that has changed without them realizing it.

Then one day, they wake up and accept that the way they have been operating is no longer working.

I have been given a inside view into how one Big Box Retailer is handling (or not handling) this realization and how they are struggling to remake themselves.

There is a great deal to learn from the their efforts.  In the coming weeks I will be trying to share what I have seen.

I want to offer up some insight that may be of value for other companies, and individuals who can then profit from knowing where this former Master of the Retail Universe stumbled and how it is now struggling to remake itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment